The real feel of “Suryanamaskar”
Instructions to Participants
Download Registration Form
- Get ready for the Practice in Surya Namaskar early in the
morning after taking bath.
- Perform the warming up exercises described in the “A step
Ahead to Excellence”.
- Other exercises, if needed, can be practised before the
start of SN.
- At the beginning perform THREE Surya Namaskar using at least
|Take care of the following :
- Use all your physical & mental strength to perform each and
- Surya Mantra and its meaning
Recite Pranavocchar, Bijakahar, Surya Mantra clearly, loudly.
- The Chakra involved in each Asana.
- The parts of body muscles involved in each action.
- The type of stretch and strain in the muscles.
- The physical posture, the weight and centre of gravity of
- Distinctive difference of the Asanas repeated.
- The inhaling and exhaling while performing each Asanas.
- The aims and objectives in terms of health and body
- The aims and objectives in terms of preventive treatment.
- Waiting for five seconds after attaining the maximum
position of each Asana.
- Get the feel of the stretch and strain at the particular
part of the body.
- The rest of the body should be free of muscle tension.
- Relaxing the body muscles after attaining the maximum
position in each Asana.
- Total time utilized for each Surya Namaskar.
- Listen to the rhythm of breathing.
- Gradually, as your practice gathers experience the number of
Surya Namaskar will reach to twelve while the duration of time
remains the same.
- Recite the starting and concluding shlokas with dedication.
Have great faith in yourSELF . Get actual physical confirmation
that your physical and psychological ailments are, day by day,
- Receive the feel that your craving for any addiction is on
the mode of regression.
- Refer to “Surya Namaskar in Stages”
- Attend at least one Workshop on Surya Namaskar.
- Call me at your place to conduct ‘Workshop on Surya Namaskar’.
- For ready reference take a printout copy of the E-Book.
- Read a book or two on “Surya Namaskar” given in the
- Take help of E-mail / phone to get your doubts cleared.
- You can take care of the time & speed, breathing & rhythm in
performing Surya Namaskar after you have attained 24+1 Surya
Namaskar in thirty minutes.
- Use a rough woolen cloth as a mattress to sit on.
- Fold it to make a thick, soft, comfortable seat.
- (Kambal or Dhabali is better. It’s a bad conductor of heat
and keeps away germs and worms.)
- Cover the mattress with a piece of cotton / silk cloth.
- (The piece of cloth should cover the inside part of the
border of the mattress. It should not reach to the ground.)
- Sit down with crossed legs.
- Keep the backbone straight in line.
- Be comfortable.
- Keep all the muscles loose.
- Put your hands on the knees.
- If it is yet time to Sunrise, perform ‘Exercise One’
described in “A Step Ahead to Excellence”.
- The vibration that you feel in the palms in the last
action of the ‘Exercise One’ is the cosmic force/energy/vitality
in the muscles and mind. This is the Vigor, the working force
behind voluntary and involuntary actions, physical as well as
mental in our body. This energy is called Pran Shakti / Brahma &
Maya / Vishnu &Vaishnavi / Purush & Prakruti / Cosmic Energy /
Magnetic Poles, or Positive Negative electrodes.
- Place the palms on your face with a light press to
retransmit the cosmic energy, collected on hands, to body.
- Effect on body: The cosmic energy collected on the fingers
is directly applied onto the face. This is a warming up step for
the muscles on the face to receive the PranShakti effectively
during “Surya Darshan”
Try to visualize the delightful image of your mother.
- Breathing is as it goes.
- Take notice of the exhaling part of breathing.
- Focus your attention onto the Anahat Chakra.
- Receive the feel of breathing on the middle of the chest.
- Illustration: BajarangaBali with HIS chest open, showing the
idols of Lord Rama, Laxman and Seeta in the heart.
- Chest: a little puffed up and lifted up too.
Stomach: flat & loose,
- Look at the rising-sun constantly for some time (a minute or
two) without closing eyelids.
- Revise silently all the information about all the Surya
Mantra, one by one.
- Keep the eyes blinking fast for a while.
- Close the eyes. Try to retain / expand the glow of the Sun
in the inward eye.
- Repeat the action if time permits you to.
- Take the feel that the glow of the Sun is revitalizing your
Take the feel that the Cosmic Energy is energizing your body,
- The duration of Surya Darshan is 08-10-12 minutes after the
Sunrise and before the Sunset. The span of time varies according
to the season and the altitude of the location.
- The glow of the Sun before your inward eye is a delightful
experience. You would simply wait for the next twelve hours to
experience the same during the Surya Darshan at the Sunset.
- If you are practicing Sandhya Vidhi in the morning and in
the evening, facing to the sun, in the open, you need not repeat
Surya Darshan. You better incorporate Surya Darshan in Sandhya
- Leave the bed as soon as you get out of sleep.
- After bath, it’s time for Surya Namaskar, Surya Darshan
Pranayam and Sandhya Vidhi, Pooja etc.
- Early morning is the study time.
- Memory is sharp and keen at this time.
- Learn at least two lines by heart everyday.
- Do some reading, writing work every day in the morning.
- After Surya Namaskar, wait for 15 to 20 minutes to have
- (Let the muscles-sells-tissues-tendons-ligaments stretched
and strained and pressed during Surya Namaskar get relieved and
relaxed from tension. You can use Yoga-Nidra to get quick
- Routine work school / college / service / occupation /
In the evening outdoor games. Surya Darshan.
- Recreation, entertainment, TV and reading writing also.
- After dinner study period, reading etc for at least one
- Go to bed. While you are awake in bed, revise the days work.
- Wherever you realize that you have made a mistake in the
form of act, thought or speech, pledge yourself that you would
undo the wrong deeds by apologizing the concerned person.
- The decision to undo the incorrect behaviour grants you
The action “decided & done” awards undivided concentration in
all brain activities- studies, meditation, Surya Darshan and
Surya Namaskar. It gives you sound sleep without any
- Select any three useful activities of your interest each of
half an hour duration for the next day.
- Give a thought to the three activities of the previous day.
Have you worked them out accordingly?
- If the answer is NO find out the reasons and try them out
If the answer is YES add something more into your planning such
as: specific time, result oriented action(s), duration of time
or increase the difficulty level of the action etc. Keep on
expanding the programme to ensure steady progress.
- You must have easily learnt two lines by heart. Now add
something more a stanza, a definition, properties of certain
things, phone numbers, birth days of your dear and near
relatives and friends, proverb, idiom, thought of the day etc.
- Revise and repeat the recitation of the previous days. Let
the span of memory gets enlarged.
- The information you have learnt by heart works as a hold-all
to encompass all types of memory with confidence.
- Revise the persons in contact today, their conversation,
incidents, proposals, advice etc. Look at all these things as
the guidelines for self improvement. Think positively and absorb
whatever is good for your SELF-development.
- Relax from head to heel taking away muscle tension, if there
is any, part by part, step by step, slowly. At the same time
look at your breathing (with closed eyes). Submit yourself to
sleep. Pray God to grant a day more to serve His cause in a
better manner the next day.
Download Registration Form